Total Pageviews

Friday, August 29, 2014

WHY WORRY?


Sometimes I find myself worrying too much, getting uptight and anxious about things that don't deserve that much attention. I should have learned my lesson by now. After all, I've been following the Lord for 63 years and I've read the admonition of the Lord in Matthew 6:34 many, many times... It says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own troubles." A Native American Cherokee proverb says it a little different, but the message is the same., "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." In other words, QUIT WORRYING. That sounds so simple doesn't it? Just let go!. The Word of God strongly advises all of us to quit OBSESSING and start CONFESSING.

Philippians 4:6-7 points us in the right direction to be worry free.
It says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God: And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding. will guard your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ." When the Apostle Paul wrote the above to the Christians in Phillipi, he knew from experience that anxiety accomplishes nothing profitable, but prayer and supplication will bring results. It will open the ears of God and he will hear us and give us peace of mind.

YOUR WAY
Set me in the place of your choosing,
And let me delight myself,
In Your Holy Word.
Your way...Your wisdom...
For my spirit longs for the communion,
Found only in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment