Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 23, 2014

CLEANSE ME, O LORD



Even great people make mistakes and err in judgment sometimes. When David was anointed King of Israel by the prophet Samuel, God said, “I have found David, the son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, which shall fulfill all my will.” As time passed, this great warrior, poet and song writer did not fulfill all of God’s expectations but proved him to be as “human” as everyone else.

The King had to live with what he had done. He cried out, “My sin is ever before me.” But he did not cease to worship and call upon God. He humbly repented of his sins and continued his reign as King. David understood the love that God has for His children. In Psalms 119:64, he wrote, “The earth O Lord is full of your mercy……” I wrote this short poem last night while meditating upon the wondrous love of God.

FORGIVE ME

I have sinned, O Lord
And forgotten your way
That leads to life eternal,
So, hear me, as I pray.

Please don’t take your Holy Spirit
From my thirsty, longing soul.
Wash me Lord and cleanse me,
Once again…
And make me pure and whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment